CLASSES RESUME AFTER BOMB SCARE INCIDENTS

0
17

Classes resumed this morning at several schools which suspended classes last Thursday and Friday, following bomb threats.

On Friday the police revealed that 71 institutions were impacted by the series of bomb threats.

The Spanish Town Hospital and the St Catherine Parish Court were among the institutions targeted. All other institutions were schools.

Deputy Commissioner of Police Fitz Bailey said one person was taken into custody in relation to the threats made on Friday.

The Jamaica Constabulary Force is leading the multi-agency investigation and maintains dialogue with its international counterparts.

The police said there was no need for panic as all the evidence gathered so far indicates that the threats were hoaxes.