Rapper Travis Scott has broken his silence on the tragic deaths that occurred at his Astroworld festival in 2021.
Ten people died and hundreds of others were injured at the concert in Houston, Texas, after the crowd surged towards the stage.
In his first interview about the tragedy, Scott said he was “overly devastated” by the loss of life.
Thousands were injured at the concert on November 5, 2021 when panic broke out as the over-capacity crowd pressed towards the front of the stage during Scott’s headline performance.
Ten people, ranging in age from nine to 27, were killed.
Some audience members accused Scott and fellow rapper Drake of continuing to perform despite accounts of “lifeless bodies being passed through the crowd in full view of the stage”.
The star previously said he was not aware of the severity of the crush until he left the stage.