Dancehall artiste Rygin King has broken his silence after being shot last month.
Rygin King’s management team said in a post uploaded to his official Instagram account.
Just wanted to let you know Rygin King is sending a heartfelt thank you to all well-wishers, family, and friends for their prayers and thoughts during this difficult time.
The deejay said he was gaining strength and courage to make a full recovery.
Rygin King also thanked the hospital staff for providing him with the best care possible. He also made special mention of Minister of Culture, Gender, Entertainment and Sport, Olivia Grange, Dr. Chris Tufton, Minister of Health, and Dr. Horace Chang, Minister of National Security, for their immediate response and direction.
Rygin King was shot and injured on June 28 after leaving a funeral in Westmoreland.
Reports are that he was traveling in a convoy in Bethel Town when one of the cars was involved in a collision. While repairs were being done another car drove up and a passenger alighted and peppered the bystanders with bullets, including the deejay.
A woman, 28-year-old, Sashalee Blackwood was shot and killed in the incident, while another recording artiste, Goon, was shot in his foot.