ONE YEAR-OLD CHILD PERISHES IN FIRE

0
43

 

A one year-old child died in a fire in Central Village St. Catherine last night (Tues).

She has been identified as Kaira Davis of Big Lane Central Village.

Initial reports from the police are that about 7:45pm, the child’s mother left the child in a room to go outside.

Moments later she was reportedly alerted by neighbors that smoke was coming from her home.

Attempts to enter the dwelling were unsuccessful, as it was quickly engulfed by flames. The police and fire brigade were alerted.

Following cooling down operations the child’s body was discovered.

The cause of the fire has not yet been ascertained.