The Police are advising the public that several traffic changes will be implemented to facilitate the staging of Buju Banton’s ‘Long Walk to Freedom’ concert on Saturday, March 16 at the National Stadium in St. Andrew.
BEFORE THE EVENT
* Mountain View/ Deanery Road: The road closure at this location will be in effect to facilitate the easy movement of shuttle buses taking patrons from the National Heroes Circle to the National Stadium.
* Mountain View Avenue/ Arthur Wint: There will be limited access to authorized patrons at this location and shuttle buses will be allowed to exit.
* Stanton Terrace/Roosevelt: Persons attending the Bustamante Children Hospital and residents will be able to have access to this location. Limited access will be granted to VVIPs and business operators.
* Latham Avenue/Old Hope Road: Persons visiting the Bustamante Children’s Hospital and residents will be given access. However, Latham Avenue will be closed to the general public.
* North Avenue/Old Hope Road: North Avenue will be closed to the general motoring public; limited access will be granted to residents of Swallowfield.
* Tom Redcam/Arthur Wint Drive: Persons going to the Bustamante Children’s Hospital and residents will be given access. Shuttle buses and VIPs will also have limited access but the area will be closed to the general motoring public.
OFF SITE PARKING AREAS
* National Heroes Park: Three entrances to the park will be utilized; the eastern entry will admit VIPs, general admission and shuttle buses whilst the northern and
western entries will admit holders of grandstand and bleachers tickets parking.
* National Heroes Park: Shuttle buses transporting VIPS and general admission will travel northerly along Marescaux Road, Caledonia Avenue, Camp Road passing JDF main gate (Cotton Tree) left in front of the Traffic Court then left on Merriam Road passing Duppy Gate then left onto Deanery Road, left onto Mountain View Avenue then left into Gate E9.
* National Heroes Park: Shuttle buses transporting holders of Grandstand and Bleachers tickets will travel northerly along Marescaux Road onto Caledonia Avenue, left onto Tom Redcam, right on Arthur Wint Drive entering the stadium using Gate E1 where they will disembark; the shuttle bus will then exit using Gate E2.
Nb: VVIPs and artistes – these patrons will drive to the National Stadium via the following route: Stanton Terrace, via Roosevelt Avenue, left onto slip road passing the ticket office then enter the Stadium using gates E4 and E5 to enter their parking areas.
No parking will be allowed along the following roads:
* Arthur Wint Drive
* Roosevelt Avenue
* Latham Avenue
* Stanton Terrace
* Mountain View Avenue
* Tom Redcam
* Along the slip where the ticket office is located
AFTER THE EVENT
Following the staging of the event, with the exception of Mountain View/Deanery Road and Tom Redcam/Arthur Wint Drive where shuttle buses will be operating; all other closures will be removed to allow for a smooth egress.